Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Week9, #21: Podcasts

This was a frustrating exercise because when I finally found a podcast related to librarianship that was of interest to me, I couldn't access it. I went to Podcast.net and found "Virtual Dave's Podcast" by Dave Lankes, who used to lead the annual Virtual Reference Desk Conferences that I enjoyed attending. Upon trying to click on the podcast of the opening remarks to the very first VRD Conference in 1999, I got an error message telling me to "Click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage." I clicked, nothing happened. If I need someone from IT to fix this, maybe I'll eventually ask, and then maybe they'll eventually get to it... When I tried Podcast Alley I couldn't access any podcast at all, and when I tried Yahoo! Podcasts, I got an IE error and my browser exploded. wheee, are we having fun yet? ;)

No comments: