Friday, March 9, 2007

Week 8, #19: LibraryThing

So many books, so little time. Being given the opportunity to indulge in a little book selection, cataloging, and sharing at Library Thing is like being offered time to roam freely in a bookstore with a large group of friends/colleagues and/or shelve those books in my personal library. Like most of the other Learning 2.0 activities, this one could easily become downright addictive. And like most intriguing online endeavors, I must balance what's most effective and efficient with what's fun but potentially time-wasting. For now, at least, I'm limiting my Library Thing experience to work-related matters, but even that is a HUGE realm, since the public library is so much to so many people.

I was a little surprised to find that I'm the first to list Heart of the Community: The Libraries We Love. It will be interesting to see if others will be inspired to add this book soon.

NoMarian's Library Thing

No comments: