Thursday, February 15, 2007

Week 6, #13: Learn about tagging & Del.icio.us

I was going to try to zoom through this week's and maybe even next week's exercises before my vacation next week, but can see now that I'll be lucky if I complete this week's stuff. The information has become overwhelming to me. Upon starting in on #13, learning (more than I knew before) about tagging and Del.icio.us, viewing the tutorial and reading the us.ef.ul guide for beginners, and after my browser was busted by an attempt to view the Seven Habits page, I found out that there are an additional 3 Discovery Exercises, and I haven't even started Week 6's Lessons #14 and #15. This is too much. I'm going to peek at #14 and #15, and if there's time to return to #13, will do so.

Suffice it to say that I think tagging is great - like a democratic form of classification (as Wikipedia is a democratic form of informational content). By tagging, we can use our own ideas and/or those of others to better categorize all that we're inundated with online. Being an organized person, I appreciate all the help I can get to improve my organizational skills. Of course, we can also use tagging as a social networking tool, but not all of us are looking to increase the expanse of our social network. Some of us are trying to limit the network we already have!

No comments: