Friday, February 2, 2007

Week 4, #8: RSS Feeds, Bloglines; #9: Library-related blogs

I've known about RSS for a long time but never got around to taking the time to get my own feeds, except for BBS headlines that go directly to my LiveJournal account. It was good to take the time to create my own Bloglines account. Now I can delete some email listserv notifications I had been receiving at work, such as the Librarians' Internet Index and Resourceshelf, because I can access them via Bloglines. I also added BBS headlines but may delete that and continue getting them via LiveJournal, keeping my bloglines account for strictly library-related sites.

I'm glad I have work time (barely) for at least the basics of Learning 2.0 and wish that I had more home time to go beyond the basics, but eventually I'll become adept at what I need to know. And now I've got my 11-year-old daughter to help me. Hers is the first generation born with an active, vibrant Internet, and she's a natural at technologies that take us old-fogeys longer to embrace. And the youth shall be our guides.

No comments: